Boku ga namae o yobu hi - Name 2

 Table of content

Name 2



That Sunday, Souta rode a bicycle to the bookstore in front of the station.

There was a large selection of books, and there was also a café, so he was able to read books freely, that’s why he sometimes spent his holiday here.

Stopping at the corner where the novels are lined up and grab a copy. As he was flipping over it, he was called, "Eh, Mochizuki-kun?"

Turning around, it was Ayase Koiyuki of the same class.

"Yukki! What's with that glasses?"

The thick-edged glasses that Koiyuki was wearing were what he often wore before.

Recently, he’s been in contact lens for a long time, so when he saw him like this for the first time in a long time, he felt a sense of closeness as if he came across an old acquaintance.

[That's right, Yukki was like this. ]

His hair is short and neat, so his glasses doesn't look as wild as before.

"I was just thinking about getting rid of the old contacts ... I'm going to remake it.”

"That's not the case. If I look at Yukki wearing glasses, I feel a little relieved ... Ah, Yukki. That's not a bad thing!"

Souta laughed and said, Koiyuki smiled a little shy.

"The truth is ... I'm more comfortable with glasses."

"I see. It looks great on you."

"Thank you."

“Mochizuki-kun ... are you alone?”

"Ah, yeah ... you see, Yuu is studying for the exam, and Haruki is busy preparing for studying abroad. What about you, Yukki? Are you looking for reference books? ''

"Ah, no ... I want to buy this..."

What Koiyuki showed me was neither a reference book nor a collection of questions.

The cover shows a picture of a rose.

“Gardening magazine? ''

"I bought it every month, I just thought I haven't bought it yet. I retired from the gardening club, but I started to care for the garden and start working on it. ''

Watching Koiyuki's face turn red, Souta burst out.

"Even though you're an examinee, you're also grooming the garden ... Yukki will definitely be a famous person!"

"What did Mochizuki come to buy?"

"I? I... I'm just hanging around ... I really wanted a book that would be a good reference for a script, but they don't seem to have much left."

"Script... Then did you try finding in the library?"

"I've looked through all the books in the school library. Ah, but yeah. Maybe not in a public library. Thank you. I'll go there."

"That's just my thought ..."

"Well ... if you like, why don't we go together?"

[I want to talk a little more with Yukki...]

It wouldn't be that easy to meet on holidays. It's a good opportunity.

He was wondering if Koiyuki thought the same thing, when he smiled, "Okay."

“Have Yukki already eaten lunch? ''

"Well, not yet."

"I don't mind going somewhere before going to the library? I want to talk ... and I'm hungry."

"Talk? Then ... where shall we go?"

“Is there a hamburger or family restaurant near here? ''

While talking like that, Souta headed to the accounting counter alongside Koiyuki.

* * + * +

Koiyuki and Souta enter a fast food restaurant, which is close to the bookstore. After ordering the products, they finally sat down at the empty window seats.

"Mochizuki-kun, why are you researching for a script?"

Souta, trying to open the package and bring the hamburger to his mouth, stops his hand with "Eh."

Koiyuki, sitting opposite, was looking at his hands getting warmed with a cup of coffee.

“The Movie Research Club already ended right?”

"Oh ... well, I thought I wanted to continue writing the script because it has been a long time. But I think it’s the same as you buying a gardening magazine.”

"My is a hobby, but ... Mochizuki is a bit different..."

"…Eh?"

"You know, when the second-grade school festival was going on, the Film Research Club did a screening right?"

“Oh, there was! ''

Even though it’s just last year, it’s already felt like too long ago. This year, we were so busy with graduation films that we couldn't have a screening at the school festival.

"Yukki, you really came to see it."

"Yes, it was very interesting. The tempo was good and I couldn't predict what would happen, so I was thrilled ... That script was written by Mochizuki-kun, right?"

"Ah ... yeah, just for the time being."

It was the first time I wrote an original script, so it was quite noticeable.

"To be able to write such a script, you should aim for it ... I am an amateur so you don’t have to take my words seriously though."

"That's by the hand of Haruki, the director. My script really didn’t matter at all."

With a gaze on the hamburger, he smiled.

"That's not the case. I think that Serizawa-kun and Setoguchi-kun recognise Mochizuki-kun. Don’t say it like that... just because you are on good terms with them."

With that said, Koiyuki was squinting just a bit rude.

"The truth is ..."

Souta closes his mouth once and then turns to the clouded window.

"I didn't mean I don't want to aim for it."

It is the first time that such a thing is spoken outright. Is it because the one I’m saying it to is Koiyuki?

Surely everyone else will think so.

It's only safe to avoid falling down, avoid being hurt times and times.

It's always been like that ever since my childhood.

[Haruki was always unreasonable and just got injured ...]

He was dexterous enough to be able to do anything quickly. The first thing he can do is ride a bicycle.

Haruki fell many times, and his knees and arms were full of abrasions.

He won't feel hurt at all, nor would he cry. Practice with a calm face. Partly because of that that he was able to ride better than Sis in the end.

It is such enduring efforts that support Haruki's talent.

[I ... I fell and got hurt, I didn't like it, so I stopped while crying ...]

I became able to ride a bicycle because Haruki and Yu helped me.

The two of them pushed me from behind, helping me overcome my fear a bit, so that I could begin to ride.

But it is no longer the same. Haruki and Yu aren't always with me. No matter how scary it is, I have to walk my own way.

The writer's path is a world of talent, effort and luck, just like the film director path Haruki has chosen.

Souta himself can't believe in any of his talents, but he is walking the same way.

"But ... Akarin is in the same world as Haruki."

Surely, they will move on steadily.

Eventually, she will go far enough to be out of my reach.

I want to be by her side. I don't want to be separated from her.

I want to be with her.

"Then, I have no choice but to engage myself with her."

I may not be where I aimed. But still.

Koiyuki opened his mouth after being silent for a short while with a dainty face.

"... I think it’s typical Mochizuki-kun huh."

"I don't know if it's going to happen."

When you imagine something, it can end up not happening.

In the first place, I don't yet know exactly how to become a scriptwriter.

"That's why I decided to just research and go to a bookstore. There was a book like how to become a scriptwriter. A writer also has to go to school first right...”

Souta worries, "Well ..."

Koiyuki seemed to have been thinking for a while, suddenly he raised his face as he said.

“Is becoming a novelist not good? ''

"Eh? Novelist?"

"If it is a novel prize, you can apply in many places, right?"

[A novel huh...? ]

I never thought about it because I was just thinking about the script. However, if you think about it, the story I’m writing may be more suitable for novels than for scripts.

[If I write a novel, I can write about the heroine's feelings better...]

"Hm... I wonder if the recruiting requirements are here."

Koiyuki takes out the paperback book he just bought from a paper bag in a bookstore.

"Is this a love novel? Yukki, do you read such a thing?"

"Enomoto told me ... I've read the manga, and there’ll be an anime broadcast next year. It's interesting."

"Speaking of which, Natsuki might like these things."

Natsuki loves anime, games and manga, and often lends them to Koiyuki who has the same hobby.

"Recently, a student award has been set up, and they must be recruiting for the first day now..."

Koiyuki opens and shows the page with the application guidelines.

[Love novel set in a school]

This is exactly what Souta wrote. However, if I really want to apply, I have to rewrite my current handwritten manuscript into text format.

I would have to do it.

[How long does it take for it to become a novel? It might be the last minute ... but I want to do it! ]

The fire in him suddenly lights up and it starts to spread through his body.

"Yukki, how many times a year are they recruiting?"

Koiyuki took out the phone and opened the site to check it out.

"I think it’s like once a year. The deadline is December."

"December…"

It's done as a script. Also, if I have half a month.

"I'll lend you this."

Koiyuki closed the book and presented it to Souta.

"Oh, really? You just bought it and haven't read it yet."

"I was going to pile it up until the exam was over. You can return it anytime."

"Thank you, really, thank you, Yukki!"

How many times has Koiyuki backed me up like this?

I felt like I'm always saved by his advice.

"I may not be good enough, but I'll try."

No matter how small a step, I have to take it.

"I’ll support you."

Koiyuki smiled calmly.
* * + * +

A few days later, Souta often entered the newspaper clubroom after school.

Today it seemed that gardening members will have a roasted sweet potato competition with the sweet potatoes harvested, and all the newspaper members are going to report rather than to participate in the fallout.

Therefore, only Souta was in the clubroom.

He was immersed in writing while glancing at the screen, so he did not notice that someone had entered. His head was beaten with a book that has been rolled up and his hands finally stopped.

"Oh, Akechi-sensei ...!"

"Well, you’re still working here? If you want to use a personal computer, you can use one in the club room of the Film Research Club."

Akechi-sensei, standing behind and looking down, carried the rolled booklet on his shoulder.

“You know you need to have the director's permission, right? ''

Souta shrugs and answers, "I know."

"I'm just an advisor ... is it something that you don’t want Haruki and Setoguchi to know?"

"That's right."

While saying so, Souta looked at the novel he was writing.

"It's like I'm trying my luck or my strength, something like that ..."

Akechi-sensei looks into the screen and says, "Hmm."

"At this time, the raging and evocative emotions that pierced my heart, this would surely be" love "..."

“Uwaaaaaaa!”

Souta cried out to her laptop, shouting.

"Why are you reading aloud ?!"

"No, you see. After all, as a Japanese language teacher ...?"

"Sensei, You’re in charge of classic literature!"

"Well, that's good."

The booklet that Akechi-sensei put on his head falls, and Souta catches it in a hurry.

"Sakuragaoka Time Omnibus? What ... what is this?"

I asked myself while feeling unpleasant.

"A booklet that is published once every six months by the newspaper Club. Novels are to be put on it, thirty pages in manuscript paper. The theme is" Large, Lost, Love "."

"Well! Um ... I'm not the newspaper club members though?"

"Mochizuki-"

"Yes ... what?"

"Whose equipment are you using now?"

That being said, I cannot refute. And I am certainly taken care of by the newspaper club.

Souta gave up and replied, "Yes..."

Cooperation is not bad. Rather, it'll be useful for the juniors, so it's a happy thing.

"The deadline for this is by the end of this year. If you submit the manuscript, please give it to the director."

Akechi-sensei leaves the clubroom with his hands fluttering.

As the door closed, Souta replied, "Haa".

[For now, this manuscript ...]

When I rolled my chair and tried to go back to work, my cell phone just rang.

"Yes, yes ... Who is ..."

After anwering his mobile phone and confirming the name, Souta blinks as if he just woke up.

"A, Akarin !?"

* * + * +

"Would you perhaps like to go eat cakes today?"

Akari invited him to a cake shop.

In the bright restaurant, we can eat the cake of the showcase at the adjacent eat space.

It is a popular shop, so it is crowded on Saturdays and Sundays, but not so much on weekdays in the afternoon.

Souta ordered rare cheesecake and coffee, and Akari called for a Framboise cake and tea.

Akari immediately had a smile on her cheek as she brought the cake to her seat.

[Akarin, must really want to eat a delicious cake ...]

Realizing that she had stared at him, Souta hurriedly looked back at his plate.

"Today ... why?"

With that, Akari stares at his face.

"Oh, etto... um ... I think it's been a long time since I invited."

Akari said, "Ah ...", and lifted the cup with both hands.

"I want to talk to Mochizuki."

In such a word, Souta becomes flustered and mushy.

When he looked confused, Akari smiled mischievously.

Suddenly his heart rate rose, and Souta distracted his gaze.

[It's not what I expected ...]

This must be the usual "joke".

"That's ... it's getting cold!"

He tried to change the subject, but Souta himself was hot and sweaty.

It may be because the heating inside the store is too effective.

The window glass was cloudy, and the street was blurred.

Akari keeps her finger on the cup of tea and looks at the window.

"Snow ... will it fall soon?"

She murmurs with a gentle expression.

She’s not saying to Souta.

He knew and said, "Yeah ...:" in a small voice.

At the moment when Akari and his eyes meet, he turned to the side.

"Mochizuki-kun, have you started something recently?"

"Well, me?"

"Because you often go back early"

"Not a big deal... It’s just a hobby?"

[I guess you don't want to believe with just that ...]

But he can't tell her that he’s writing a novel modeled after Akari.

He muffled and heard a clicking sound.

Akari dropped the cup and looked straight at me.

Souta's heart pounds when meeting her eyes.

"Mochizuki-kun"

"Yes"

He replied shortly and she smiled with a smile.

"Do you want to eat ...one more cake?"

* * + * +

It was after school two days later that Souta ran into the club room of the Film Research Club.

As Haruki and Yu looked back from what they were working on, he turned the file over on the desk.

"Not here ... not here!"

He checked around the PC in the drawer, but he couldn't find anything.

He dug up under the desk and broke through the stack of manuscripts, and the dust flew up, making him almost sick.

“What are you looking for? ''

It's really suspicious to be looking under the desk.

Souta crawled out of the desk, and sat in a stupid spot.

"After all, ... not here..."

[I guess it's not here ... maybe in the bag ...]

"Hey, Mochita. How long will you be skipping? Your job has been piling up!"

"I'm sorry, I'll do it later!"

"I'll go back later"

Standing up, listening to the voice of Haruki, Souta quickly left the clubroom.

What He was looking for is an important SD card that contained the data of his novel.

He stored the data and carried it around to work on it both at school and at home.

However, the SD card had not been found since yesterday.

Souta turned back to the classroom and looked into his bag on his desk.

He checked its pocket and in the pencilcase, but the SD card was nowhere to be found.

"Where is it ...?"

The last time he worked with it was in the newspaper club room.

[Akarin contacted me and I cleared everything up. I guess the SD card was in my bag too.]

But no matter how much he thought, he couldn't remember where it went.

When he came home and tried to organize his work, he noticed that it had disappeared from his bag.

"It wasn't in the newspaper room."

He thought he might have left it in his club's personal computer, and went to the newspaper club as soon as the class ended the next day.

When they got to know the situation, the members of Koudai's Newspaper Club all looked for it, but they couldn't find it.

Koudai said, "I'll look into the backup data, so you should probably check somewhere else." Maybe some data could be rescued.

[But then I can't make it anyway ...]

There is not much time left until the submission deadline.

"When it really matters ..."

When he sighed, the classroom door opens.

He noticed that someone came in because of the footsteps, but he didn't feel like raising his head.

As he sat still, his shoulder was tapped.

“Mochizuki-kun? ''

Surprised by the voice suddenly coming into his ear, Souta woke up.

"Aka ... Hayasaka-san!"

"I’m glad. Mochizuki-kun, you haven't gone home yet ..."

"Eh!? …what's the matter?"

As she headed over, Akari's gaze directed to Souta's desk, where objects were scattered, and said.

"This is…" 

"Etto, it’s nothing, just a little ... I’m looking for something!"

Souta hurriedly pushed textbooks and notes into his bag.

"Maybe… Are you looking for this?"

Akari's hand was stretched out from the side.

It was undeniably the SD card that Souta was looking for.

"This ... where?"

"At the cake shop. It seems that Mochizuki dropped it at the checkout. Yesterday, when I went there with Sena, the clerk remembered and gave it to me."

Souta shouted, "Oh ..."

"Sorry ... I was trying to take out my wallet that time...."

[Even though I couldn't see it, but Akarin brought it here... Akarin is an angel ... Rather… a goddess of luck! ]

When he receive the SD card, he squeezes it lightly.

As soon as he was relieved, he felt that the strength in his body was giving out.

"Thank you, Hayasaka. You help me so much!"

He spoke with a smile, Akari also smiled, "You're welcome."

The conversation was interrupted and Souta with his hand behind his head, saying, "Um ...".

[In such a case, I should... Can I invite her to go home together?]

When he looked at Akari's complexion, she was looking at Souta all smiling.

Souta was surprised at that and was at lost for words.

[… Actually, I've never been the one to invite her.]

Right now, there are only two people in the classroom. This is a great opportunity to invite her.

When he thought so, his heartbeat suddenly stopped being busy.

It's just a matter of going back together.

[Haruki always invited Aida ...]

Seeing those two acting so usual, so Souta thought, "That's it."

However, when he tried to invite Akari, words did not come out easily.

[Akarin isn't really nervous even with me ...]

Only Souta had a loud heart sound right now.

Akari blinked, waiting for Souta to say something.

There was no tension anywhere in her expression.

"Mochizuki-kun"

Called by Akari, Souta corrected his posture, saying, "Yes, yes!"

"Would you like to go home together?"

While being jerky, he was asked first by Akari, and there was a delay in answering.

“Do you have any plan? ''

"N, no! No, not at all!

Souta answers with a hurry while shaking his head.

"Let's go."

As she left the classroom, Souta grabbed his bag and followed her.

[I wanted to say it today…]

As he walked out into the hallway and lined up next to Akari, Souta sighed in his heart.

"Speaking of which ... what was inside of it?"

Akari suddenly asked while looking up at Souta.

Souta didn't immediately know what was going on as he was looking at her cheek.

"Nee, just before ..."

"Oh, the SD card"

When he turned his face back to the front, he heard a voice that sounds something was bothering her.

"Is it important?"

[I'm sorry ...]

"Um ... in fact ... write a novel ..."

Unable to lie, Souta honestly confessed.

"Novel?"

"I wrote it as a script at first, but I was told by Yukki that there’s a novel award, so I wrote it again ..."

Akari’s eye shone as he answered with a low voice.

"Mochizuki-kun, are you applying for the award?"

"Um, even if I say that I'm applying, I'm not thinking of winning a prize ..."

"Still, it's amazing!"

Akari stopped and turned to Souta.

"Not at all! Anyone can apply!"

“But you do your best every day for that, right? ''

"... it's ... the deadline is near ..."

"So it's because of this that Mochizuki was busy recently."

Akari faced forward and muttered as if convinced. Her voice sounds a little joyful.

"I'm sure I won't go through the primary selection ... Oh, so it would be helpful if you keep it a secret from everyone! If it wasn't good at all, it would be bad."

"I see. But I don't think so ...."

"I think that’s because you’re the same as Haruki, Hayasaka always wins a grand prize in a competition."

Involuntarily, such words spilled out of his mouth.

Souta began to walk, but Akari turned down and stopped.

“Hayasaka-san? ''

When he calls, she looks at Souta as surprised.

"I’m sorry....."

Akari came close by, but she was silent.

Curiously, Souta gently looks at her complexion.

[What happened? Did I say something bad? ]

Akari's expression seems to be falling somewhere.

His heart is running out.

"Novel…"

Akari muttered, switched back to her usual brightness.

“If it's possible, can you let me read it? ''

"Well, that is ..."

"It's a promise."

Akari gives her little finger.

[Promise ...]

Souta hesitated and gently entangled his little finger with her little finger.

"Absolutely win the prize!"

"Eh, eeeehhhhh, that promise is a bit!"

I tried to answer that, but I couldn't say it would be impossible if she looked at my eyes with such hope.

"It’s really bad ..."

Souta reduced his voice to make an excuse.

"That's okay. If you do your best, I'll do my best too ..."

His heart rattled to her laughing.

[Akarin ...]

That's right. Akari’s always been working hard to take the exam.

So I can't whine before her like this.

He tied his little finger together with her to confirm his determination.

"I promise. I'll do my best ..."

Souta confronted Akari with a serious expression.

"I promise."

When I put it into words, it became so outrage and he flushed with a red face.

"Okay!"

Akari responded happily and put power on her little finger.

Souta felt abruptly flushed with hot blood flowing at his fingertips.

* * + * +

That night, Souta stayed in the room without eating dinner.

In a dimly lit room, the only light that illuminates his hand is the pale light emitted by your computer screen.

The sound of the keyboard continued without interruption.

{It's a promise ......}

Akari's voice came to his mind, and he stopped writing.

Souta turned his gaze at his little finger.

I do not want to be a disappointment. I don't want Akari to make a disappointed face.

The result cannot be second place. I want to win the whole thing.

Until now, I have never sought results.

On the other hand, to some extent, he was giving up on his own, as he thought it wasn’t worth it.

At school tests and at sports festivals, I've never felt like trying to win the top spot with someone.

But now I want results.

I don't want to go back on the words I promised to Akari. No matter how small a promise.

[I can't let her down otherwise]

"And a little more... I'll do it!"

Souta hit his cheeks with a snap with both hands and re-enthusiastically moved to the computer again.

And he continued to write.

[I'm in love with you once again...]
Name 1                                    

Comments