Boku ga namae o yobu hi - Name 9

Table of content

Name 9

 


Akari took Souta's hand and went to a cake shop she had always wanted to visit.

Because it is a popular shop, there are queues outside. They weren't able to enter because it was full.

When she loosened his hand, Souta's hand came loose.

Akari was depressed and apologized with a small voice saying "Sorry ..."

[I wanted to eat… the cake here... together ...]

"Um, hey, look, let's go see that takeout corner there?"

They sold cakes for take-out outside to block the crowds in the store.

Akari follows after Souta who has begun to walk.

"I'm sorry. This mini cake is the last one ... Can I put on two forks?"

What the woman clerk who seemed apologetic showed was a mini cake with two strawberries.

Akari nodded after checking Souta’s face.

"Oh, yes ... that's fine."

Souta replied, looking a little shy.

When they receive the cake box and leave, they move to a nearby square.

Sit side by side on a bench and watch the colorful lights of illumination.

When she brought her cold fingertip to her mouth, Akari exhaled, "Haah ..."

The breath dyed white spreads softly.

They both remained silent and nervous.

"Mochizuki-kun ... Would you like to take a picture?"

Akari stood up and turned to Souta.

"Ah, okay!”

In reply, Souta put the cake box from her knees to the bench and raised his hips.

"Well, where should I put it?"

Akari turned her mobile camera to Souta while he was looking around.

Souta noticed that and shook his hand while saying "N-Not me!"

"Hey ... it's more beautiful to take pictures of the illuminations!!"

"You can't move."

Akari took a picture of Souta trying to escape from the camera.

Looking at the image, Souta was looking sideways embarrassedly.

Akari laughed and saved the picture.

Then, she turned up and looked at Souta.

"Would you like to take picture together...?"

"Ah, but ...!"

"Is it not okay?"

At that point, Souta shook his head, saying, "It's totally fine!"

Akari stood next to him, and Souta held his mobile phone a little higher.

Just a little, their arms touched.

She got nervous, but was her feelings transmitted to Souta?

We were Just taking a photo. That was it.

Just being around him makes her heart beat this fast.

She wants to hide the heat that accumulates on her cheeks, and make a funny pose.

Souta took the same pose with an embarrassed face.

After one photo, Akari turned away from Souta.

Surely, her face must be red right now.

In the back of her chest, the sound of beating echoes.

Just staying with Souta---

"Hayasaka ..."

Souta called out whether she had saved the photo.

Akari stares at the illuminations and turns around.

"Just Akari, is okay!"

She smiled and faced Souta.

Yes, call my name. Just like that day.

After a long silence, Souta moved his lips slightly.

"A…"

What came out was a faint voice.

Souta slowly raised his gaze as he opened his mouth.

Eyes with hesitant to look at Akari.

"Akari ..."

A whisper of her name came out.

It’s just that, but her heart sparkled.

"What is it?"

She wanted to be a little teasy, and turned while looking into Souta's face.

I want you to call my name over and over.

Souta hid his red face with the muffler while saying

"Uwaaa! So embarrassing!”

Akari shook her shoulders and laughed as she saw Souta screaming unrelentingly.

Souta also lowered the muffler a little and laughed a bit.

Eventually, the clock’s bell of the square rang.

When they looked at the clock, it was pointing at seven o'clock.

"It's late ..."

In the words of Souta, Akari nods, "Um...".

"...... Souta-kun"

Souta, staring at the falling snow, turned around astonished.

I wanted to call you that. Not "Mochizuki-kun" but "Souta-kun".

[Souta-kun. I ...]

The extended hand touches Souta's hand only slightly.

It's not just Akari who is nervous.

Souta opened and closed his mouth as if trying to say something.

The warmth of each other is transmitted from the hands that are awkwardly connected.

Up to your fingertips, shecan feel his heartbeat is the same as hers.

Akari gently ties the fingers together.

[I... you ... -kun.]

* * + * +

When she got home, it was 9 o'clock.

Akari closed the door, turned upward and sighs.

It was such a feeling that her heart was fluffy like she was still in her dream.

The sound of her chest could still be heard.

As she climbed up the stairs and enter her room, she fell down on her bed.

Then, she buried her heated face into the pillow.

When she got up and took out the phone, she opened the photo.

Akari laughed while gazing at Souta's embarrassed profile.

Take a picture, eat one cake in half, watch the snow falling together.

For the first time, we joined hands.

It's fun, it's late but I can't stay away.

I want to be with you more, she wanted to selfishly say that.

When she remembers the warmth when she held hands with Souta, her face became hot, Akari hit her cell phone with her forehead.

When she was on the train and when she was walking home, she was constantly thinking back and forth.

Eventually, a sound rang out to notify her of a new message.

Souta sent a photo of the two of us.

"Thank you…"

She muttered and replied with a stamp.

I really want to talk more with you.

But I'm not going to say everything right now.

[When I meet again next time ...]

At that time, let's talk about something with Souta.

With that in mind, Akari writes a message.

"Good night, Souta-kun"

When she sent it, a message from Souta returned immediately.

I’m sure he sent it in a hurry.

When imagine such a figure, her face broke into a smile.

Akari was in bed and headed to her desk.

What she took out of the drawer was a diary she kept writing.

She opened the page and write carefully with a pen.

"December 24th - the day I know love-"

* * + * +

During winter vacation, the only time I met Souta and others was on the day of the first visit.

One month has passed while she was trying to take the exam, and when she noticed, it would soon be February.

On the first Sunday, Akari stood at the usual art supply store and walked alone to the station.

On the way, she stopped in front of the dark-looking stylish shop.

Girls holding paper bags come out of the store in a friendly atmosphere.

It may be a chocolate specialty store just recently made.

"I see ... soon, Valentine ..."

Until now, I have never thought of giving chocolate to a boy.

I could only give friends like Natsuki and Miou and family.

But this year.

Thinking of Souta, Akari turns her head down with her cheeks reddened.

In February, third graders rarely come to school.

So, it's a while before I can next meet Souta.

Until the exam is over, we won't even be able to meet and go anywhere.

"I want to meet him…"

The inner voice of her heart spilled out.

On Christmas Eve, she was able to give a present to Souta and spend her time together, so her chest was full when she returned home.

They was together with everyone on the first day of the New Year's visit, so they can't even talk alone. After entering the third semester, Akari was busy and could not go home with Souta.

I have already known my reply to his confession, too.

[Maybe… It's too late ...]

Akari stared at the girls as they entered the store.

Valentine's Day is the day when girls find their courage and confess to the boys they like.

Once in March, we'll end up graduating.

This may be the last chance to convey my reply.

[But what should I tell him ...]

Me too.

Such words came to her mind and her cheeks gradually became hot.

[Just a little... until the exam is over ...]

After a few steps, Akari stopped.

Put her strength in the hand holding her bag.

"Indeed... I have to tell him properly."

She said aloud and returned to the store.

It’s going to be alright. On Valentine's Day, the god of love will have my back a little.

I want to be courageous.

* * + * +

"Can we meet on February 14?"

I sent such a message to Souta the day before.

One afternoon in the school art room.

Promised with Souta, Akari headed to school a little earlier than the meeting time.

First and second graders may have begun classes in the afternoon.

Akari waited for Souta alone in the art room.

"Sorry, Hayasaka-san! It seems I’ll be a little late.”

The message came shortly after.

He seems to have been asked to do some business for Akechi-sensei.

"It's okay, I'll wait for you"

She replied and head to the work desk.

The sound of the rain was echoing in the quiet art room.

After taking out the croquis book and writing utensils, she looked at the paper bag of the chocolate inside the bag.

[I'm nervous ...]

When you she put her hand on her chest, she can feel that it's pounding.

She took a deep breath and to calm down, but its beating sound did not calm down at all.

"......Souta-kun. Did you feel like this too?"

She recalled the day when Souta confessed.

『I like you! 』

『Like I say, I like you! 』

『I will never make you feel sad and will make sure to always make you laugh every day! 』

『I also want you to make lunches for me every day! 』

"I don't want to make lunches every day."

That day, Akari squinted a little, repeating her words to Souta.

[But ... when the weather is warm, I want to make some lunch and go somewhere with you.]

If I can go out with you,

I want to walk hand in hand.

Exchange messages and call.

We may not be able to meet every day because we go to different universities. Still, I want to spend a relaxing time together on holidays.

Going to movies and shopping. It is also good to go to an aquarium or amusement park.

Will Souta hear such a slightly shy dream without laughing?

A year ago, I never thought of falling in love with someone.

I've seen Souta, but I've never talked to him, not even once.

When did Souta come to like me?

Why did you like me?

I want to listen that someday.

[When did Souta's love start? ]

Akari opened the croquis book and ran her pencil.

While remembering Souta on the day he confessed.

[I’m sure… my love ... from that day ...]

『Am I not good enough!!!? 』

Comments